Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 29 August 2016

A quick update from Henley

While I was at Runnymede I noticed water was gushing from the cooling system. Luckily I was moored next to a boatyard so an engineer came to have a look and we discovered all manner of brittle hoses, kinked hoses and inappropriate hose clips, so I paid another small fortune to have most of the hoses replaced plus, of course more antifreeze to replace that lost!

Back on track and with weather set fair, I moved up to Windsor and a very nice mooring on Baths Island. It cost £8 but worth it for the ambience and convenience. I spent the next morning mooching around Windsor and getting supplies. I even watched the changing of the guard! That afternoon I moored at Maidenhead and the next day I aimed at Marlow. However all the moorings there were taken (after all is was Bank Holiday weekend) so I had a long day and moored at Medmenham (£6). From here I could hear Reading festival, but not good enough to be enjoyable just bff bff bff. Yesterday I moved up through Henley to moor next to Luke at Wargrave. He wasn't onboard as he had popped to his friend's birthday do. Today I hopped on a train to Henley for more supplies but I think I will go and do a bit more cruising while the weather holds.

No comments: